You came across here that means it is worth of writing this post. 🙂
Whenever I go for the interview there will be some new questions, so I thought why not to draft all these questions at single place?
It is just attempt to remember all Talend Interview question nothing else.
- Difference between tMap and tJoin component in Talend .
- Difference between tAggregaterow and tAggregatesortedrow.
- Difference between tJava,tJavarow,tJavaflex.
- How to improve the performance of Talend job having complex design?
- Difference between built in schema and Repository.
- What is the declaration of method which we define in system routine?
- What is XMS and XMX parameter in Talend?
- How to resolve heap space issue in Talend ?
- How to do the exception handling in Talend?
- What is Default join for tMap.
- What are the different lookup patterns available with Talend?
- What is the basic requirement while updating the perticular table?
- How to generate surrogate key by using Talend?
- What is the use of Expression editor in Talend?
- How to debug a particular Talend job.
- What is context variable and context group?
- How to pass the variables from parent job to child job and from child job to Parent?
- How to forcefully exit the job.
- Explain the use of tContextload.
- How to execute multiple queries by using Talend?
- How to do the multithreading while executing the Job?
- What is hashmap in Talend and how to use it?
- How to do the full join in Talend.Explain the steps.
- How to do the right outer join in Talend? Explain the steps?
- How the ELT database components are differ from ETL database Components.
- How to use the external libraries in Talend?
- How to pass data from parent job to child jobs through tRunjob component ?
- How to load context variables dynamically?
- How to Share DB Connection in Talend?
- Skip Header rows and footer rows before load.
- What is Incremental Load? Describe using Talend.
- How can you pass a value form parent job to child job in Talend.
- How to call stored procedure and function in Talend Job
If you have any question which is not listed here please send me i will add it to the list. with your reference.
In this post, I will describe you how to split large XML into several xml.
Here is our Sample XML file. ( which is not huge but just a sample)
We are expecting three XML files from sample xml hence lets start with metadata creation for this sample file.
Once you created metadata then you can drag and drop schema to job designer. for the scenario we will choose tFileInputXML component.
Now add another component tXMLMap and link tFileInputXML to tAdvancedFileOutputXml then configure tAdvancedFileOutputXml as shown in image.
Now we have mapped our source column to output columns, but it will output all the rows in single file, to create a file for each row we have to configured tAdvancedFileOutputXML component using Advance property of component tab. use “Spit output in Several files” option with value as “1”. by doing this it will create new file for each row.
After run, this job will create three files on mention path like below.
And here is the final output.